Updated OECD guidelines on responsible business conduct
8 June, 2023
The OECD today launched the updated Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises on Responsible Business Conduct.
The updated Guidelines are available here. Key changes include:
- Recommendations for enterprises to align with internationally agreed goals on climate change and biodiversity.
- Introduction of due diligence expectations on technology, including gathering and using data.
- Recommendations on how enterprises are expected to conduct due diligence on impacts and business relationships related to the use of their products and services.
- Better protection for at-risk persons and groups, including those who raise concerns regarding the conduct of businesses.
- Updated recommendations on disclosure of responsible business conduct information.
- Strengthened procedures to ensure the visibility, effectiveness, and functional equivalence of National Contact Points on Responsible Business Conduct.